Click to Home
Go To Search
Hiram Rosenwald School & Museum
Rosenwald School & Museum
In 1912, Julius Rosenwald, President of Sears, Roebuck, and Co., established the Rosenwald Fund to assist in community construction of public schools for African-American students in the South by assisting local construction projects that had raised additional funds. By the 1930s, one in every five rural southern schools for African-Americans had been constructed with aid from the Rosenwald Fund, a total of nearly 5,000 schools.

The Hiram Rosenwald School opened in 1930 as the Hiram Colored School. It was the only Rosenwald School in Paulding County and at that time the only African-American school with a library in the county. The school operated from 1930 until 1955.

The Georgia historical marker was erected by the Georgia Historical Society and the Hiram Rosenwald School Preservation Committee in 2007.

Contact Us
For more information on the Rosenwald School and Museum, contact the Hiram Rosenwald School Preservation Committee through Joan Battle at (770) 943-7473 or by mail:
Attn: Vivian Anderson
P.O. Box 1865
Hiram, GA 30141
Rosenwald School and Museum Sign
Outside the Rosenwald School and Museum
Inside the Rosenwald School and Museum

Home EmailPrintRSSContact Us Calendar Disclaimer Accessibility Site Map Powered by CivicPlus Copyright
217 Main St.     |     Hiram, Georgia 30141-3249     |     Ph: (770) 943-3726     |     Fax: (770) 439-2372